geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "D. Strauss" <geron...@ds-2.de>
Subject ejbQL with relations
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 21:10:08 GMT
Hello, ejbQL profs ^^

seems that I missunderstood my ejbQL knowledge. I setup some ejbs and
wanted to create some finder methods (ejb-jar.xml). Unfortunately,
Geronimo (or OpenEJB?) ends in an exception that I can't figure out what
it wants to tell me.

Caused by: org.tranql.ql.QueryException: Finder [Finder
method=[findAll]; EJB-QL=[select distinct object(r) from Rasse as r, in
(r.partei) as p order by p.parteiName asc,r.rassenName asc]]
        at
org.tranql.sql.EJBQLToPhysicalQuery.buildFinder(EJBQLToPhysicalQuery.java:143)
        at
org.tranql.sql.EJBQLToPhysicalQuery.buildFinders(EJBQLToPhysicalQuery.java:90)
        ... 36 more
Caused by: org.tranql.ql.QueryException: Parser, lexer or Tree-walker
exception
        at
org.tranql.sql.EJBQLToPhysicalQuery.getEJBQLQuery(EJBQLToPhysicalQuery.java:235)
        at
org.tranql.sql.EJBQLToPhysicalQuery.buildFinder(EJBQLToPhysicalQuery.java:130)
        ... 37 more
Caused by: org.tranql.ql.MalformedNodeException: Path used must end with
a multi valued CMR field
        at org.tranql.ql.DerivedTable.getEntityType(DerivedTable.java:61)
        at org.tranql.ql.DerivedTable.<init>(DerivedTable.java:36)
        at
org.tranql.ejb.parser.EJBQL21Compiler.collection_member_declaration(EJBQL21Compiler.java:473)
        at
org.tranql.ejb.parser.EJBQL21Compiler.from_clause(EJBQL21Compiler.java:201)
        at
org.tranql.ejb.parser.EJBQL21Compiler.ejbql(EJBQL21Compiler.java:115)
        at
org.tranql.sql.EJBQLToPhysicalQuery.getEJBQLQuery(EJBQLToPhysicalQuery.java:233)
        ... 38 more

So, basically, the ejbQL
	select distinct object(r) from Rasse as r, in (r.partei) as p order by
p.parteiName asc,r.rassenName asc
is wrong. However, the ejbQL
	select distinct object(r) from Rasse as r order by r.rassenName asc
works.

Does anyone know what "Path used must end with a multi valued CMR field"
mean?

Or is this somehow related to the prefetch system by Geronimo?

Best regards

Dirk