geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Lasantha Ranaweera <lasan...@opensource.lk>
Subject Is this due to a problem in Derby Embedded DB?
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 10:58:42 GMT
Hi All,

An interesting observation made when I was writing a sample application
to the Geronimo v1.1. The sample application just a small web
application which refers to the embedded Derby DB from a DataSource. I
carried out some investigation regarding the observation. Following are
my observations in a list of test scenarios.

Scenario => Deploying a database pool in Geronimo v1.1 and accessing it
without restarting the server

Scenario 1:-
OS :- Windows XP
Server :- Geronimo v1.1/ Tomcat
Database :- Embedded Derby DB.
Condition :- Access Without Restarting.
Result :- Attached Error Occurs.

Scenario 2:-
OS :- Windows XP
Server :- Geronimo v1.1/ Tomcat
Database :- Embedded Derby DB.
Condition :- Access DB Pool After Restarting the Server.
Result :- Application works without an error.

Scenario 3:-
OS :- Linux
Server :- Geronimo v1.1/ Tomcat
Database :- Embedded Derby DB.
Condition :- Access Without Restarting.
Result :- Application works without an error.

Scenario 4:-
OS :- Windows XP
Server :- Geronimo v1.1/ Tomcat
Database :- MySQL
Condition :- Access Without Restarting.
Result :- Application works without an error.

Due to above results I suspect there is a problem in Derby database of
Geronimo 1.1 in Windows environment. Also I think error reported by
Markus as "creating security realm in 1.1 fails" same due to a problem
Derby Database. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Herewith I attached necessary files to test the application too.

With Kind Regards,
Lasantha

Lasantha Ranaweera
Senior Software Engineer,