geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Where's the GUI Installer?
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 18:05:45 GMT

On Jul 13, 2006, at 8:46 AM, Zakharov, Vasily M wrote:

> Hi, all,
>
> What's about a GUI installer in G1.1 release? Was it "discontinued" or
> something?

No one was interested in updating it for all the changes between 1.0
and 1.1 so we have dropped it at least for now.  I think that with
the new plugin capabilities the concept of how the installer might
work needs to be rethought.   We might have a "no-choice" installer
that installs a micro-geronimo and then use the plugin capabilities
to install everything else.  However, this would need an entirely new
way to customize the plugins from the installer and also plugin-
ization of many more configurations/modules that go into the current
geronimo pre-built servers.

thanks
david  jencks