geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: TransactionCachingInterceptor is returning the same ManagedConnection despite different ConnectionRequestInfo
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 16:49:32 GMT

On Jul 19, 2006, at 5:43 AM, Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke@...> writes:
>
>>> I think in addition you may need to specify that the resource
>>> adapter
>>> is unshared.  I'm not sure how to do this in jencks: it ought to
>>> be a
>>> configuration option on the component that is using the connection
>>> factory.
>>
>> I don't use the complete Geronimo J2EE server and so neither a
>> deployed
>> resource adapter. I just set this infrastructure up with Spring
>> and some
>> Geronimo jars like connector and transaction. I don't know where
>> ConnectionInfo was instantiated atm, but how can I set the
>> unshareable
>> property there? Where is it normally set?
>
> Back to code and debugging I found out that it is the
> GenericConnectionManager
> or its super class, the AbstractConnectionManager, which
> instantiates the
> ConnectionInfo. Furthermore there is a ConnectionTracker interface and
> ConnectionTrackerCoordinator as implementation, which sets the
> environment and
> so the unshareable property. So far, so good ...
>
> Now it gets to Jencks and so might be a bit off topic ... Jencks
> allows to pass
> the ConnectionTracker and if one is passed the
> ConnectionTrackerInterceptor gets
> applied. This works and ConnectionTrackerCoordinator.setEnvironment
> () gets
> called. Unfortunately at this point there is no InstanceContext
> stored in its
> ThreadLocal field currentInstanceContexts, which lets the
> setEnvironment()
> method exit without doing anything. Now I wonder how such a
> InstanceContext gets
> injected into the coordinator. It implements
> TrackedConnectionAssociator and
> with enter(InstanceContext) the InstanceContext is put into the
> ThreadLocal
> field. Unfortunately I don't know how to register the
> ConnectionTrackerCoordinator as TrackedConnectionAssociator, so
> that it gets
> informed about an entered InstanceContext. I only found
> TransactionContextInterceptor and TransactionContextInitializer,
> but don't know
> how to use them.
>
> Any ideas? Thanks in advance,

The way it's supposed to work is that there's an interceptor in the
call chain going into the component that is using the resource
adapter that calls enter and exit with the appropriate instance
context that has the unshareable resources set on it.  Examples are
the OpenEJB ConnectionTrackingInterceptor, and the jetty and tomcat
InstanceContextBeforeAfter.  I don't know how to set something like
this up in spring.

I think we should seriously consider not forcing you to claim your
connections are unshared.  Can you file a jira issue about this?

thanks
david jencks