geronimo-user mailing list archives

From sunil patil <sunilpatil_1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Need help on classloading related problem(What is shared/lib in Apache Geronimo)
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 13:24:05 GMT
 Hi,

 I am trying to install Pluto 1.1 portal server into Geronimo. Till now i am  able to get
About and Admin portlets working. Both these portlets are part of  pluto.war. Now i am facing
one classloader related problem when i try to install  HelloWorld Portlet in HelloWorld.war
(Separate war).

 Basic Problem -> I have A.war and B.war they depend on  Class1 which is part of 1.jar.
What i want is A.war should create object of  Class1 and that object should be accessible
to class in B.war so where should i  put 1.jar and how should i configure both A.war and B.war
so that they will be  able to look at this class.

 Detailed Description ->
 Thing is Pluto portlet has PortalDriverServlet which is controller servlet  and is shipped
with Pluto.war. When it gets request for HelloWorldportlet it  wraps that request in object
of RenderRequestImpl.java which is in  pluto-container-1.1.0-dev.jar and sets is as request
parameter and passes  control to HelloWorldPortlet. Now HelloWOrldPortlet uses
 PlutoServlet.java class for handling request and this is again part of  pluto-container-1.1.0-dev.jar.
When PlutoServlet tries to get object of  RenderRequestImpl.java from request it throws ClassCastException
because both of  them have different class loader.
 Till now i tried to
 1) Create pluto in repository folder containing  pluto-container-1.1.0-dev.jar  and add dependencies
from both pluto.war and  HelloWorldPortlet.war on pluto repository. But in that case i get
 ClasscastException.
 2) I tried copying all jars in <Geronimo_Base>/lib and removed  dependencies but that
does not work either
 3) I tried copying all jars in  <Geronimo_Base>/repository/geronimo/jars and that does
not  work.

 Can you please let me know what is equivalent of shared/lib in Geronimo.  Place where i could
copy jars used by more than one application

\nThank You

",1] ); D(["mb","\nSunil
\n
\n\n
 Thank You

  Sunil

Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls.  Great rates starting at 1ยข/min.