geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Guillaume Bilodeau <>
Subject Errors while deploying EAR on Geronimo 1.1
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 11:05:58 GMT
Hi all,

I'm trying to deploy a new application on Geronimo 1.1.  The application is packaged as an
EAR and contains the following geronimo-web.xml, which was generated using the upgrade.jar

This is the latest of several versions of the file...  The current error is the following:

org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: Invalid deployment descriptor: [error: cvc-complex-type.2.4a:
Expected elements 'context-root@ web-container@
host@ cross-context@
disable-cookies@ valve-chain@
tomcat-realm@ manager@
cluster@ gbean-ref@
ejb-ref@ ejb-local-ref@
service-ref@ resource-ref@
 resource-env-ref@ message-destination@
security-realm-name@ gbean@'
instead of 'hidden-classes@' here]
This error message seems likely since the <hidden-classes> tag is repeated, but it was
generated by the upgrade tool so I'm suspicious.  How can I get rid of this error?

View raw message