geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "mahu2425" <mahu2...@lycos.de>
Subject Re: Entity bean can not remove itself
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Hello Dirk,

in my scenario the entity bean stores some data from an ERP system. The data is required for
a number of steps (function calls, data for message driven beans, etc.).

After all (concurrent) tasks have been completed, the entity bean is no longer required and
can remove itself.

The scenario is a little bit compareable to the one in Sun's J2EE tutorial:
http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/tutorial/doc/JMSJ2EEex3.html

So, what I need is just a ways to remove an entity bean. The special problem here is that
the entity bean needs to call it's own remove method.

As I said in my first posting, I would prefer to call the remove() method from the entity
bean's remote interface instead of calling ejbRemove(), but calling remove() seems to crash
the server (the remove is done during a Timer callback). It seems that Geronimo is struggeling
between removing the bean and completing the timer transaction (in fact is trys to roll it
back). If you try to restart the server after the crash you'll always get an exception that
a GBean has been destroyed. I never managed to get the server back to work in this case (had
to start with a new installation).

So, I think there should be a possibility that an entity bean can remove itself. It could
be discussed whether is should call remove() or ejbRemove(). Sun seems to prefer ejbRemove().

Best regards,

Markus

Benachrichtigung bei E-Mail Empfang! - http://mail.lycos.de/app/lycosinside/setupLI.exe