geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Lin Sun" <linsun....@gmail.com>
Subject RE: daytrader with Tranql Oracle XA resource adapter
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 19:36:14 GMT
Hi there,

Thanks - I remember seeing your posting on CommitBeforeAutCommit setting in
the generic adapter.    The CommitBeforeAutCommit setting is not avail in
the Oracle XA resource adapter.

Lin

-----Original Message-----
From: Mario Rübsam [mailto:mr@coderesearch.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2006 4:56 PM
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: daytrader with Tranql Oracle XA resource adapter

Hi,

the CommitBeforeAutCommit setting in the generic adapter call
a commit on the local connection before it calls setAutoCommit(true).
Some JDBC drivers act not like specified in JDBC and don't call
a commit when the AutoCommit value changes with setAutoCommit(true)
so CommitBeforeAutCommit is a workaround to get the transaction
commited on these drivers (MySQL, MaxDB, PostgreSQL in some cases).
I don't know about the XA driver and Oracle but it could be a similar
problem.

-Mario