geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Lin Sun" <linsun....@gmail.com>
Subject ejb-ql-compiler-factory configuration in daytrader plan
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 20:03:37 GMT
Hi there,

I have a question on the daytrader plan.   In Geronimo 1.0 before the XA
driver for oracle and DB2 are available, we have to use the following when
we configure daytrader with oracle or db2 using the tranql generic wrapper.

      <!--  For DB2 database users uncomment the following line.-->

<ejb-ql-compiler-factory>org.tranql.ejbqlcompiler.DB2EJBQLCompilerFactory</e
jb-ql-compiler-factory>

<db-syntax-factory>org.tranql.sql.db2.DB2DBSyntaxFactory</db-syntax-factory>

      <!--  For Oracle database users uncomment the following line.

<ejb-ql-compiler-factory>org.tranql.ejbqlcompiler.OracleEJBQLCompilerFactory
</ejb-ql-compiler-factory>

<db-syntax-factory>org.tranql.sql.oracle.OracleDBSyntaxFactory</db-syntax-fa
ctory> -->

With the new DB2 and Oracle XA driver, they don't seem to be needed and I
haven't noticed any issue after I deleted them.   My understanding is that
the DB2DBSynctaxFactory takes care of some db2 unqiue thing, like cross_join
is not supported in db2.   However, the vendor specific XA wrappers are
supposed to provide a tight integration with the vendor's jdbc driver so the
above configuration may not be needed.  Can someone shed some light on this?

Thanks, Lin