"First, putting properties files in a JAR and adding a dependency on
that JAR should work, so there must be some problem with either the
configuration or the code that you're trying to use.
"

I knocked up a test application that did just this and it works fine in Geronimo so I will have to go back and revisit my code in the real application. Thanks for your help on this - much appreciated as I generally use WAS and am a bit of a Geronimo newbie.

As far as the 1.1 problem goes, yes it does have a web service in it, generated from a RAD 6 wizard. The JDK is

[java.vm.vendor]      = Sun Microsystems Inc.
[java.vm.version]     = 1.4.2_04-b05

Target

www.targetgroup.net

DISCLAIMER.

If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy,

distribute or take any action or reliance upon it.

The content of this message may also contain personal

views of an employee of this company and does

not necessarily represent the view of the company.

This message has been scanned by Norton Anti-Virus.

It has also been scanned by MAILsweeper to enforce our e-mail

policy. If you have any concerns or comments about the content

of this message, please e-mail support@targetgroup.net.

http://www.messagelabs.com