Maybe your try to put a 'parentID' in your openejb-jar.xml.
I'm doing this sucessfully in the same manner.

Thanks,
Kevin

I'm having difficulty interpreting most of your stack traces: were
some on the client side and some on the server side?

In any case, the java:comp/env namespace is only usable within a j2ee
application or j2ee app client, not a standalone client.  Your client
app should definitely be looking up "ConverterEJB" not "java:comp/env/
ConverterEJB"

hope this helps a bit :-)

thanks
david jencks