Hi,

Thanks.  The patch said using either “mvn install” which is what I did or “mvn package”.   “mvn package” got me a bit further.   I had to run “mvn install:install-file” multiple times to install the missing daytrader dependencies.  Also there were some other dependencies missing but re-running “mvn package” got me further so I thought that could be related to intermittent network issue.   Eventually, after running 5-6 “mvn package” & 3-4  “mvn install:install-file” I am able to build daytrader successfully.

Lin

-----Original Message-----
From: Bryan Noll [mailto:bwnoll@gmail.com]
Sent:
Monday, June 05, 2006 4:21 PM
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Build daytrader

Lin Sun...

Check this JIRA.  Scott Nicholls submitted a patch with updated Maven 2 instructions.

Lin Sun wrote:

Hi there,

How are we supposed to build 1.1 version of daytrader?  The daytrader readme is at 1.0 level.

I checked out daytrader from http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/geronimo/daytrader/trunk/.   Then I typed “mvn install” at the daytrader1.1 root directory but it failed:  (I assume I need maven 2 to build daytrader, but let me know if that is wrong.)

Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/doxia/doxia-sink-api

/1.0-alpha-8/doxia-sink-api-1.0-alpha-8.pom

424b downloaded

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR

Project ID: org.apache.maven.doxia:doxia-sink-api

Reason: Error getting POM for 'org.apache.maven.doxia:doxia-sink-api' from the r

epository: Error transferring file

  org.apache.maven.doxia:doxia-sink-api:pom:1.0-alpha-8

from the specified remote repositories:

  apache.snapshots (http://svn.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository),

  snapshots (http://snapshots.maven.codehaus.org/maven2)

[INFO] Total time: 3 seconds

[INFO] Finished at: Mon Jun 05 13:47:36 EDT 2006

[INFO] Final Memory: 4M/11M

Thanks in advance!

Lin