geronimo-user mailing list archives

From paul.newp...@targetgroup.net
Subject Re: Can't override context-root for web app at deployment time
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2006 15:52:52 GMT
I absolutely agree with the comments on the JIRA entry on this. As it
stands we have to modify the EAR to change the context-root in the
application context, whereas the deployer should be able to over-ride this
(in our case via the geronimo-application.xml).

In Websphere 6 the deployer can over-ride this in two ways, via the
application assembly tool which is basically a tool that allows you to
unzip an EAR, change internal deployment descriptors, and rebuild the EAR
(i.e. changing the EAR), or the context root can be changed during
deployment (during a web based wizard) or after deployment (via the web
based admin console. To my mind the later two cases are analogous to using
the geronimo-application.xml deployment descriptor at deployment time.

Target
www.targetgroup.net

DISCLAIMER.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy,
distribute or take any action or reliance upon it.
The content of this message may also contain personal
views of an employee of this company and does
not necessarily represent the view of the company.
This message has been scanned by Norton Anti-Virus.
It has also been scanned by MAILsweeper to enforce our e-mail
policy. If you have any concerns or comments about the content
of this message, please  e-mail support@targetgroup.net.

http://www.messagelabs.com