geronimo-user mailing list archives

From j...@21technologies.com
Subject Re: Dynamically creating datasources
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2006 17:14:59 GMT
I gave this some more thought. I guess it doesn't matter if the
datasources are actually persisted or not. In theory, I could remove or
update & redeploy all non-bootstrap datasources on startup, correct? Can
you point me at how to programmatically add/remove/inspect datasources via
a standard Geronimo deployment? The key constraint is to avoid doing it
through the UI and/or having it be a manual deployment step.

P.S. Thanks to the other suggestions, but I don't want to use Spring at
this time.

--
Jimmy Wan
Senior Technical Lead

Phone: 512-342-0010 x249
Email: jwan@21technologies.com
may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy
this message, delete any copies held on your systems and notify the sender
immediately. You should not retain, copy or use this email for any
purpose, nor disclose all or any part of its content to any other person.

Aaron Mulder wrote:
You can use a similar path to what the console does to create new
datasources.  That is to select a matching RAR (the tranql-connector
RAR for almost any non-XA data source) and then use JSR-88 to
construct a JavaBean tree representing the deployment plan, and then
more JSR-88 to actually deploy it.

However, this is going to create a regular Geronimo deployment.  When
you say you don't want this to be persisted, you mean you want it to
be in-memory only and not started up again the next time the server
starts?  We don't have explicit support for running modules that are
in-memory only...  I'm not sure what you could do to get around that.

Thanks,
   Aaron