geronimo-user mailing list archives

From paul.newp...@targetgroup.net
Subject Deploymnet plan migration problems
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2006 10:08:13 GMT
Just installed 1.1 and trying to get my app to work. When I try and deploy
with my old deployment plan Geronimo converts this to a new 1.1. I try
using that an I get an error:

Deployment failed:
org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: Invalid deployment descriptor: [error:
cvc-complex-type.3.2.1: Attribute not allowed (no wildcards allowed):
inverseClassloading]
Show full details
org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: Invalid deployment descriptor: [error:
cvc-complex-type.3.2.1: Attribute not allowed (no wildcards allowed):
inverseClassloading]

it seems to be gagging on the first line of the converted deployment plan:

<xml-fragment application-name="Target Select Test"
inverseClassloading="false"
xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1"
xmlns:security="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-1.1"
xmlns:app="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-1.1">

If I remove the inverseClassloading="false" bit I get a bit further, but
it fails on trying to load a dependency jar file, which is in the correct
directory structure in the repository (I've double checked this):

Unable to create configuration for deployment
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Unable to create
configuration for deployment
                 at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentContext.createTempConfiguration(DeploymentContext.java:116)
                 at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentContext.<init>(DeploymentContext.java:96)
                 at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentContext.<init>(DeploymentContext.java:78)
                 at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARContext.<init>(EARContext.java:70)
                 at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.buildConfiguration(EARConfigBuilder.java:449)
                 at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder$$FastClassByCGLIB$$38e56ec6.invoke(<generated>)
                 at
net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
                 at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
                 at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:122)
                 at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:817)
                 at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
                 at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
                 at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
                 at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.ConfigurationBuilder$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$91d219ff.buildConfiguration(<generated>)
                 at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:302)
                 at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:124)
                 at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer$$FastClassByCGLIB$$734a235d.invoke(<generated>)
                 at
net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
                 at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
                 at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:122)
                 at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:852)
                 at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:239)
                 at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.AbstractDeployCommand.doDeploy(AbstractDeployCommand.java:106)
                 at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.DistributeCommand.run(DistributeCommand.java:60)
                 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.LifecycleException: load of
default/SV2Test/1-default/car failed
                 at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:307)
                 at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentConfigurationManager.loadConfiguration(DeploymentConfigurationManager.java:115)
                 at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:266)
                 at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentConfigurationManager.loadConfiguration(DeploymentConfigurationManager.java:111)
                 at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentContext.createTempConfiguration(DeploymentContext.java:113)
                 ... 24 more
Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException: Error
starting configuration gbean default/SV2Test/1-default/car
                 at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.load(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:332)
                 at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentConfigurationManager.load(DeploymentConfigurationManager.java:119)
                 at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:292)
                 ... 28 more
Caused by:
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.MissingDependencyException: Unable
to resolve dependency sv2/as400aproperties/1.1/jar
                 at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationResolver.resolve(ConfigurationResolver.java:112)
                 at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.Configuration.buildClassPath(Configuration.java:397)
                 at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.Configuration.createConfigurationClasssLoader(Configuration.java:322)
                 at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.Configuration.<init>(Configuration.java:267)
                 at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.load(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:328)
                 ... 30 more

Here is my old deployment plan, followed by the new migrated one
(including the inverseClassloading="false" bit which I have to remove to
get my second error).

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<application
  xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-1.0"
  xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.0"
  xmlns:security="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-1.1"
  configId="SV2Test"
  application-name="Target Select Test"
  inverseClassloading="false">

   <dependency>
      <uri>sv2/as400aproperties/1.1/jar</uri>
    </dependency>

  <module>
    <web>TPRWeb.war</web>
    <web-app
         xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.0"
         xmlns:naming="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.0"
         configId="TPRWeb">

         <context-root>TPRWebTest</context-root>

    </web-app>
  </module>

</application>

Migrated plan:

<application application-name="Target Select Test"
xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-1.1"
xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1"
xmlns:security="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-1.1">
  <sys:environment>
    <sys:moduleId>
      <sys:groupId>default</sys:groupId>
      <sys:artifactId>SV2Test</sys:artifactId>
      <sys:version>1-default</sys:version>
      <sys:type>car</sys:type>
    </sys:moduleId>
    <sys:dependencies>
      <sys:dependency>
        <sys:groupId>sv2</sys:groupId>
        <sys:artifactId>as400aproperties</sys:artifactId>
        <sys:version>1.1</sys:version>
        <sys:type>jar</sys:type>
      </sys:dependency>
    </sys:dependencies>
    <sys:hidden-classes/>
    <sys:non-overridable-classes/>
  </sys:environment>
  <module>
    <web>TPRWeb.war</web>
    <web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.1"
xmlns:naming="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.1">
      <sys:environment>
        <sys:moduleId>
          <sys:groupId>default</sys:groupId>
          <sys:artifactId>TPRWeb</sys:artifactId>
          <sys:version>1-default</sys:version>
          <sys:type>car</sys:type>
        </sys:moduleId>
        <sys:dependencies/>
        <sys:hidden-classes/>
        <sys:non-overridable-classes/>
      </sys:environment>
      <context-root>TPRWebTest</context-root>
    </web-app>
  </module>
</application>

Target
www.targetgroup.net

DISCLAIMER.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy,
distribute or take any action or reliance upon it.
The content of this message may also contain personal
views of an employee of this company and does
not necessarily represent the view of the company.
This message has been scanned by Norton Anti-Virus.
It has also been scanned by MAILsweeper to enforce our e-mail
policy. If you have any concerns or comments about the content
of this message, please  e-mail support@targetgroup.net.

http://www.messagelabs.com