geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: 1.1-rc1 Now Available
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2006 06:54:48 GMT

On Jun 12, 2006, at 11:12 PM, D. Strauss wrote:

> Hello, Matt
>
> how did you and the others got RC1 working??????
>
> I tried the windows version, I tried the linux version now: all crash
> with the same exception:
>
> <big snip>
>
> Checking the source code of
> org.apache.geronimo.security.keystore.FileKeystoreManager of rc1
> reveals
> an interesting (and very funny) line:
>
> 	loader.loadClass("[Ljavax.net.ssl.KeyManager;");

This is how you load the class of javax.net.ssl.KeyManager[]  (note
the array).

I have no idea either why this code construction is required or why
you are having trouble with it.  What jvm are you using?

> Is this the new way on loading classes? I mean the [L construct is
> unknown. I also checked the Sun API docs and they were very clear:
>
> 	loader.loadClass("javax.net.ssl.KeyManager");
>
> is the right way. Or did I miss something about the new specs?

That will load the class of javax.net.ssl.KeyManager, but not the
array class.

tthanks
david jencks