geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ActivationSpec was never registered with ResourceAdapter
Date Sat, 10 Jun 2006 15:44:41 GMT

On Jun 10, 2006, at 2:21 AM, Anshuk Chinmoy Pal Chaudhuri wrote:

> Thanks Krishna.
> I have added the activation config details in the openejb-jar.xml
> file. But still its having the same problem.
> But if in the geronimo-application.xml file,if I mention the
> parenId="geronimo/activemq/1.0/car", then it will work fine.
> But mentioning the parentId as geronimo/activemq/1.0/car will
> create a few problems in the my web application.
> How will I resolve the error?As in without even mentioning the
> parentId in the geronimo-application.xml file.

Can you be very explicit about what errors this causes?  You need to
have the activation spec class available in the classloader for your
mdb, and it needs to be in the same classloader as the activemq rar
which is driving the mdb.   Including the activemq rar configuration
as a parent does both of these.   If the problem is that you need
other parent configurations as well, instead of parentId you can use
an <import> element:

<import>
   <groupId>geronimo</groupId>
   <artifactId>activemq</artifactId>
   <type>car</type>
   <version>1.0</version>
<import>

(hopefully I remembered the element order correctly)

thanks
david jencks