geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Sunny Saxena" <Sunny_Sax...@infosys.com>
Subject handling JAAS callbacks
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2006 11:07:20 GMT

heya,

    My application uses JAAS Login Modules for authentication. I have
created a gbean in my geronimo-application.xml specifying the
loginmodule in it.
Now, at the point in my application, where the authentication takes
place, the loginmodule class is found, but I get the following error.

ERROR:::

javax.security.auth.callback.UnsupportedCallbackException: DO NOT
PROCEED WITH THIS LOGIN
        at
org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.server.DecouplingCallbackHandler.handl
e(DecouplingCallbackHandler.java:43)
javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: Error filling callback list
        at
org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.client.ServerLoginProxy.login(ServerLo
ginProxy.java:78)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.client.JaasLoginCoordinator.performLog
in(JaasLoginCoordinator.java:189)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.client.JaasLoginCoordinator.login(Jaas
LoginCoordinator.java:113)
        at
a:39)
        at
Impl.java:25)
        at
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invoke(LoginContext.java:675)
        at
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.access$000(LoginContext.java:129)
        at
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext$4.run(LoginContext.java:610)
        at
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invokeModule(LoginContext.java:60
7)
        at
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.login(LoginContext.java:534)
        at java.lang.String.<init>(String.java:166)

Now, I got from Aaron's previous replies, that the "DO NOT PROCEED"
error can be ignored.
But, now the "Error filling callback list" is causing the problem.

My application has a custom callbackhandler. When my login module
handles the callback through callbackHandler.handle(callbacks[]);, it
does not enter my custom callback handler's handle() method. On
priniting the classname of the callbackhandler used, I get the
DecouplingCallbackHandler of geronimo. How can I make it use my
customcallbackHandler??? Or is it something else that I may be missing.

Thanks
Sunny

e-mail system.