geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Writing an article and having nothing but trouble...
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2006 19:16:13 GMT
You aren't stating very clearly the steps you are using.  I hope you
are checking out the source from subversion.  One thing that is
pretty much essential is to run

maven m:co

to check out openejb source code: it is very difficult to build
geronimo using openejb binaries.

After checking out geronimo and openejb,

maven new

should build everything.  I haven't tried with an empty maven repo
recently, but I have occasionally in the past, and while it usually
takes a long time I have not experienced frequent failures.  If you
look at the mailing lists you can see that may people are having
problems downloading dependencies from ibiblio etc.

Trying lots of times seems to help some people.  If you run into a
problem that is not ibiblio being flaky, be sure to post it:
otherwise more specific info might help anway.

thanks
david jencks