geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Dynamically creating datasources
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2006 07:58:04 GMT
You can use a similar path to what the console does to create new
datasources.  That is to select a matching RAR (the tranql-connector
RAR for almost any non-XA data source) and then use JSR-88 to
construct a JavaBean tree representing the deployment plan, and then
more JSR-88 to actually deploy it.

However, this is going to create a regular Geronimo deployment.  When
you say you don't want this to be persisted, you mean you want it to
be in-memory only and not started up again the next time the server
starts?  We don't have explicit support for running modules that are
in-memory only...  I'm not sure what you could do to get around that.

Thanks,
    Aaron