geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: security gbean.....
Date Sat, 24 Jun 2006 11:21:59 GMT
A) that's horrible that we turn 3 lines into like 5000 lines.  We have
got to do better!

B) in case it wasn't clear from David's response, the "realm-name" is
what's normally used to refer to this security realm; your login
domain names can be arbitrary, but they must be unique.  I suggest
magnolia-authentication and magnolia-authorization.  (If you enable
certain advanced features you can use the login domain names in your
J2EE role mapping, but it's a bit unusual that you'd want to, and if
you did want to, they'd have to have unique names for you to
distinguish them.)

Thanks,
     Aaron

On 6/23/06, EricCho@kryos.com <EricCho@kryos.com> wrote:

> [...]
> };
> Jackrabbit {
>   org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.SimpleLoginModule required;
> };
>
> And I've translated it into the following gbeans:
>
>     <gbean name="magnolia" class="org.apache.geronimo.security.realm.GenericSecurityRealm">
>         <attribute name="realmName">magnolia</attribute>
>         <reference name="ServerInfo">
>             <gbean-name>geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=geronimo/j2ee-system/1.0/car,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=GBean,name=ServerInfo</gbean-name>
>         </reference>
>         <reference name="LoginService">
>             <gbean-name>geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=geronimo/j2ee-security/1.0/car,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=JaasLoginService,name=JaasLoginService</gbean-name>
>         </reference>
>         <xml-reference name="LoginModuleConfiguration">
>             <log:login-config xmlns:log="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/loginconfig-1.0">
>                 <log:login-module control-flag="REQUISITE" server-side="true" wrap-principals="false">
>                     <log:login-domain-name>magnolia</log:login-domain-name>
>                     <log:login-module-class>info.magnolia.jaas.sp.jcr.JCRAuthenticationModule</log:login-module-class>
>                 </log:login-module>
>                 <log:login-module control-flag="REQUIRED" server-side="true" wrap-principals="false">
>                     <log:login-domain-name>magnolia</log:login-domain-name>
>                     <log:login-module-class>info.magnolia.jaas.sp.jcr.JCRAuthorizationModule</log:login-module-class>
>                 </log:login-module>
>             </log:login-config>
>         </xml-reference>
>     </gbean>
>

>       <gbean name="Jackrabbit" class="org.apache.geronimo.security.realm.GenericSecurityRealm">
>             <attribute name="realmName">Jackrabbit</attribute>
>             <reference name="ServerInfo">
>                   <gbean-name>geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=geronimo/j2ee-system/1.0/car,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=GBean,name=ServerInfo</gbean-name>
>             </reference>
>             <reference name="LoginService">
>                   <gbean-name>geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=geronimo/j2ee-security/1.0/car,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=JaasLoginService,name=JaasLoginService</gbean-name>
>             </reference>
>
>             <xml-reference name="LoginModuleConfiguration">
>                   <log:login-config xmlns:log="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/loginconfig-1.0">
>                         <log:login-module control-flag="REQUIRED" server-side="true"
wrap-principals="false">
>                               <log:login-domain-name>Jackrabbit</log:login-domain-name>
>                               <log:login-module-class>org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.SimpleLoginModule</log:login-module-class>
>                         </log:login-module>
>                   </log:login-config>
>             </xml-reference>
>       </gbean>
>

> The problem I'm currently having is that it's complaining that my login-domain-name for
both the Authenitciation and Authorization modules are the same (magnolia).... but it seems
as though it has to be according the the jaas.config.  Or am I wrong?