geronimo-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 1.1 Release
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 00:12:35 GMT
That is a bit unfortunate.  You can add a load="false" to the HTTPS
connector GBean in config.xml, start the server and unlock the main
keystore (I think the password is "secret") and then enable the HTTPS
connector again.

Thanks,
    Aaron

On 6/15/06, Guillaume Nodet <gnodet@gmail.com> wrote:
> I forgot to add that the server begin shutting down after this exception, so
> obviously, i
> can not unlock the key from the keystore portlet.
>
> Guillaume
>
>
> On 6/15/06, Guillaume Nodet <gnodet@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I have just experienced a strange behavior.
> > From the console, i locked the main key from the keystore portlet.
> > Then, i restarted geronimo, but i now have:
> >
> > org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.LifecycleException :
> start of geronimo/jetty/1.1/car failed
> >         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:529)
> >         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration
> (SimpleConfigurationManager.java:493)
> >         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager$$FastClassByCGLIB$$ce77a924.invoke(<generated>)
> >         at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(
> FastMethod.java :53)
> >         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
> >         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:122)
> >         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke
> (GBeanInstance.java:817)
> >         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
> >         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
> >         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
> >         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.EditableConfigurationManager$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$24d8c2a6.startConfiguration
> (<generated>)
> >         at
> org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.doStartup(Daemon.java:297)
> >         at
> org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.<init>(Daemon.java:74)
> >         at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.main (
> Daemon.java:377)
> > Caused by:
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException:
> Unknown start exception
> >         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java
> :440)
> >         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.start(KernelConfigurationManager.java:187)
> >         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java
> :512)
> >         ... 13 more
> > Caused by:
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException:
> Configuration geronimo/jetty/1.1/car failed to start due to the following
> reasons:
> >   The service
> ServiceModule=geronimo/jetty/1.1/car,j2eeType=GBean,name=JettySSLConnector
> did not start because the doStart method threw an exception.
> > java.io.IOException: Could not create JsseListener:
> org.apache.geronimo.management.geronimo.KeystoreIsLocked:
> Key 'geronimo' in keystore 'geronimo-default' is l
> > ocked; please use the keystore page in the admin console to unlock it
> >         at
> org.mortbay.http.SslListener.newServerSocket(SslListener.java:314)
> >         at
> org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.open(ThreadedServer.java:477)
> >         at
> org.apache.geronimo.jetty.connector.JettyConnector.doStart
> (JettyConnector.java:233)
> >         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.createInstance(GBeanInstance.java:981)
> >         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart(GBeanInstanceState.java
> :267)
> >         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInstanceState.java:102)
> >         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.startRecursive(GBeanInstanceState.java:124)
> >         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.startRecursive(GBeanInstance.java:540)
> >         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.startRecursiveGBean(BasicKernel.java:379)
> >         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans
> (ConfigurationUtil.java:374)
> >         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.start(KernelConfigurationManager.java:187)
> >         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration
> (SimpleConfigurationManager.java:512)
> >         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:493)
> >         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager$$FastClassByCGLIB$$ce77a924.invoke
> (<generated>)
> >         at
> net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
> >         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
> >         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke
> (GBeanOperation.java:122)
> >         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:817)
> >         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
> >         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke
> (RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
> >         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
> >         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.EditableConfigurationManager$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$24d8c2a6.startConfiguration
> (<generated>)
> >         at
> org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.doStartup(Daemon.java:297)
> >         at
> org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.<init>(Daemon.java:74)
> >         at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.main
> (Daemon.java:377)
> >
> >
> >         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:403)
> >         ... 15 more
> >
> > Is there a workaround for that ?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Guillaume Nodet
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > On 6/15/06, Matt Hogstrom < matt@hogstrom.org> wrote:
> >
> > > All,
> > >
> > > I have created what I hope is the final release of Geronimo 1.1.  There
> has been a lot of work that
> > > has gone into this release (please review the RELEASE-NOTES).  Here are
> the final release candidates
> > > for your review.
> > >
> > > *DayTrader Application*
> > >
> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final/daytrader-ear-1.1.ear
> > >
> > > I'm working on a website and documentation to help folks out but the
> deliverable is the ear above.
> > >
> > > *Geronimo 1.1 Version*
> > >
> > >    *Source*
> > >
> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final/geronimo-1.1_src.tar.gz
> > >
> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final/geronimo-1.1_src.zip
> > >
> > >    *Full J2EE Jetty Version*
> > >
> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final/geronimo-jetty-j2ee-1.1.tar.gz
> > >
> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final/geronimo-jetty-j2ee-1.1.zip
> > >
> > >    *Minimal Jetty Version*
> > >
> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final/geronimo-jetty-minimal-1.1.tar.gz
> > >
> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final/geronimo-jetty-minimal-1.1.zip
> > >
> > >    *Full Tomcat Version*
> > >
> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final/geronimo-tomcat-j2ee-1.1.tar.gz
> > >
> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final/geronimo-tomcat-j2ee-1.1.zip
> > >
> > >    *Minimal Tomcat Version*
> > >
> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final/geronimo-tomcat-minimal-1.1.tar.gz
> > >
> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final/geronimo-tomcat-minimal-1.1.zip
> > >
> > >
> > > *Geronimo 1.1 Source Code*
> > >
> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final/org.apache.geronimo.specs.tar.gz
> > >
> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final/org.apache.geronimo.specs.zip
> > >
> > > Please remember that only PMC votes are binding but they will ultimately
> make their decision based
> > > on your feedback.
> > >
> > > Thanks to everyone who has spent long hours working on this.
> > >
> > > A special thanks to Jencks, Sisson and Miller who spent long days
> working on getting the final
> > > release right with License issues, last minute release note changes,
> etc.
> > >
> > > I look forward to a positive outcome and a unanimous vote by Sunday.
> Assuming all goes well by
> > > Sunday night I will propogate the jars to the mirrors on Sunday and
> declare the release official on
> > > Tuesday.
> > >
> > > Cross your fingers, grab your beverage of choice and let's close this
> release out.
> > >
> > > Matt
> > >
> >
> >
> >
>
>

Mime
View raw message