geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Loads of exceptions during startup of fresh Geronimo instance
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 14:22:35 GMT
The startup exception is caused by the DayTrader sample application.
It was built under JDK 1.4 and you're trying to run it under JDK 1.5,
which does not work.  If you use the console or deploy tool to stop
the DayTrader application, you won't see the startup error any more.

As for the hibernate issue, I believe we have some libraries on the
server classpath that Hibernate depends on, and there are problems if
it finds the server copies before the application copies.  You can
work around this by excluding some packages from the classpath in
geronimo-web.xml.  Unfortunately, I've forgotten which libraries
affect Hibernate this way... I think Jeff put the fix in 1.1 that
cured this for Hibernate -- perhaps he can comment?

Thanks,
    Aaron