geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Adding new deployable module types
Date Sat, 10 Jun 2006 21:25:29 GMT
On 6/10/06, Stefan Arentz <stefan.arentz@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not interested in wrapping every Spring bean in a GBean actually.
> I would simply add a GBean for each spring context that is created,
> nothing more.

OK, that should be pretty straightforward.

> What I would like to do is deploy resources are part of an
> application. Like adding a myapp-service.xml in a JBoss application to
> define for example queues or connection pools.

You can do that.  You can create JMS resource groups (connection
factories and destinations), JDBC pools, and security realms in the
console.  But instead of actually deploying from the console, use the
other ("show plan") link on each screen to generate a deployment plan.

Then, you can include that deployment plan in an EAR, so database
pools, JMS resources, and security realms can be deployed as part of
the application.  Each of the "show plan" screens should have some
tips about how you can do this.

You can also package the resource and application as plugins, so they
could be separate but anyone who installed the application plugin
would automatically get the realm and pool and so on.

Thanks,
     Aaron