geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Adding new deployable module types
Date Sat, 10 Jun 2006 20:26:47 GMT
The Wiki page I'm working on is at
http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/Advanced_Plugin_Sample though it's
going to be empty until I save.

The example there is Quartz integration where you can deploy Quartz
jobs as the new deployment unit (e.g. a JAR containing the classes
with an XML plan that includes the schedule, etc.).

I think we're definitely interested in improving our Spring
integration.  Currently, it seems like it will be a little awkward to
wrap every Spring bean in a GBean (because, if I remember right,
Spring creates them all and then we'd have to try to find them, and it
would get a little confusing as to who "owns" the
configuration/injection settings and so on).  But one of the things
we've talked about for 1.2 is to make Spring beans native citizens in
Geronimo.

Can you clarify your last bit about "what I really like is to be able
to deploy resources to automatically make database pools and JMS
queues/topics."  I'm not sure if you're saying you *can* do that in
Geronimo, or you *wish* you could.  If the latter, can you explain
exactly what you'd like?

THanks,
    Aaron