geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Adding new deployable module types
Date Sat, 10 Jun 2006 19:42:32 GMT
Funny you should ask...  I'm writing a Wiki page on how to do this
with a plugin in Geronimo 1.1 as we speak.  The bottom line is that
you have to write a pretty hairy deployer class, but most of it is
relatively boilerplate code, just unpleasant boilerplate.  :)

For purposes of the example I'm working on, this would be something
deployed separately from J2EE modules (e.g. you couldn't pack one in
an EAR).  I think we're still undecided as to whether you ought to be
able to pack non-J2EE modules into EARs, or whether we ought to have
some larger ZIP/JAR format that holds an EAR along with other modules
if you want to deploy them together, or something else entirely.  What
do you think?

Thanks,
     Aaron