geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Location of JAAS config file
Date Sat, 10 Jun 2006 15:07:48 GMT
In Geronimo, we don't use a JAAS conf file, but instead let you
declare and deploy security realms using a Geronimo deployment plan,
like many other components.  There is some special syntax for security
realms, though.

Basically, to create a realm called DatabaseRealm using the JAAS login
module DBLoginModule and the flag required, you could use a plan like
the one below.  Either you can deploy this plan with a JAR containing
the DBLoginModule class, or you could put the login module class in a
JAR in the Geronimo repository and then add a dependency on that JAR
to the environment element in the plan and deploy the plan on its own.

Another option is to add your security realm (the "gbean" element in
the plan below) directly to the Geronimo plan for a WAR or EAR or
something, and add the login module classes to that component (in
WEB-INF/lib or in an EJB JAR, etc.).  That way the realm would always
be deployed and undeployed with that module.

Thanks,
    Aaron

<module xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">
    <environment>
        <moduleId>
            <artifactId>DatabaseRealm</artifactId>
        </moduleId>
        <dependencies>
            <dependency>
                <groupId>geronimo</groupId>
                <artifactId>j2ee-security</artifactId>
                <type>car</type>
            </dependency>
        </dependencies>
    </environment>
    <gbean name="DatabaseRealm"
class="org.apache.geronimo.security.realm.GenericSecurityRealm">
        <attribute name="realmName">DatabaseRealm</attribute>
        <reference name="ServerInfo">
            <name>ServerInfo</name>
        </reference>
        <reference name="LoginService">
            <name>JaasLoginService</name>
        </reference>
        <xml-reference name="LoginModuleConfiguration">
            <login-config
xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/loginconfig-1.1">
                <login-module control-flag="REQUIRED"
server-side="true" wrap-principals="false">
                    <login-domain-name>DatabaseRealm</login-domain-name>

<login-module-class>com.test.DBLoginModule</login-module-class>
                    <option name="...">..</option>
                    <option name="...">...</option>
                </login-module>
            </login-config>