geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: developing a server wide database connection plan for oracle
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 16:27:12 GMT
I think you're OK having separate copies of the Oracle JAR loaded in
separate applications.  I believe the problem with Derby is that it is
(or can be) an in-memory database, and so different copies of the JAR
in memory would have unexpected effects.  Oracle doesn't have the same
issue.  So I think you could go either way -- create a common parent
module with only the Oracle JAR on the classpath, or add the Oracle
JAR separately to both applications.

Thanks,
     Aaron