geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Problem with TranQL on Oracle
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2006 13:59:14 GMT
The connector is pretty generic -- it works for all JDBC drivers.
There are separate settings to control the SQL dialect, etc. which may
be more relevant, but you can try the default first.  I would assume
the connector would work with pretty much any recent release of the
Oracle drivers (I know some of the really old ones didn't implement
all of JDBC and things).

The one important note is that the generic connector does not handle
XA drivers.  There are separate connector packages for each XA driver.
 For reasons that aren't clear to me, we don't ship any of the XA
drivers except Derby.  I think the Tranql project may have a separate
Oracle XA connector available.

Thanks,
    Aaron