geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Nirav Mehta" <mehtani...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deployment / Undeployment
Date Sat, 10 Jun 2006 09:45:00 GMT
Hi Aaron,

I was trying to implement a configurable web application using JMX. But
obviusly, my trouble is in registering the MBeans at deployment and
unregistering them when undeployed. I think I now understand why you guys
reckon GBeans to be a better implementation than MBeans. But obviously,
here, the problem would be portability of the application. I will definitely
consider this a good option if we are going to stick with geronimo and not
worry about portability.
Also, are the configurations persistant or do I have to implement the
persistance through code? This is important since I dont want the
configurations to be lost when the server is restarted.
I think there is plenty of documentation regarding the creation of GBeans,
but please recommend the one you like best.

Thanks,
Nirav