geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Rick Sears" <rise...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.openejb.proxy.ProxyInfo
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 19:17:03 GMT
I am currently using the pattern syntax in all my references to EJBs
that exist in the seperate module deployed within Geronimo.  As an
example, here is a snippet of the geronimo-web.xml for my webapp:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.1"
		xmlns:naming="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.1"
		xmlns:tomcat="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web/tomcat-1.1">
	<environment>
		<dependencies>
		</dependencies>
	</environment>

	<context-root>/services</context-root>

	<ejb-local-ref>
		<ref-name>ejb/PortalAccess</ref-name>
		<pattern>
			<groupId>testcompany</groupId>
			<artifactId>testdaomodule</artifactId>
			<version>3.0</version>
			<module>backend-dao-module.jar</module>
			<name>PortalAccessEJB</name>
		</pattern>
	</ejb-local-ref>
</web-app>

I attempted to remove the dependency in my geronimo-application.xml
for the webapp on the other deployed module, but this resulted in an
error in locating the ejb:

Error: Unable to distribute
    backend-registration-module.ear: Could not
    locate ejb matching
    testcompany/testdaomodule/3.0/car?EJBModule=backend-dao-module.jar,name=PortalAccessEJB#
    in configuration
    testcompany/testregistrationmodule/3.0/car

This error occured both when I deployed the testdaomodule first or
when I attempted to deploy the testregistrationmodule first.  I'll be
watching this thread and the JIRA issue posted for further updates.

Thanks again,
Rick Sears