geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Rick Sears" <rise...@gmail.com>
Subject Webapps exposed on distinct ports
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2006 16:34:49 GMT
Hello everyone,

I've been trolling the web the past couple days looking for
examples/information on how to accomplish something that is currently
being done in an application we are looking at porting to run under
Geronimo.  We would like to be able to expose one webapp on a non-ssl
port, say 12345, while having another webapp also running in Geronimo
running on a different ssl-enabled port, say 54321.  The webapp
running on the ssl-enabled port should not be accessible from the non
ssl-enabled port.

I've looked at a bunch of the Geronimo documentation, but all the
things i've tried have come up short using Geronimo 1.0.  There seems
to be an example of doing something similar using Geronimo 1.1
(http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/GERONIMO/Exposing+Web+Applications+on+distinct+ports),
but I am just wondering if i'm missing something that is also
available on Geronimo 1.0.  The references to the <web-app> tag under
the <module> tag are problematic in Geronimo 1.0, but I can't see any
other way of tying a given deployed webapp to a particular Tomcat
container (that is exposed on one set of ports but not the other).

If anyone has any examples/information on how to tie a deployed Tomcat
webapp to a particular container with a distinct set of exposed ports,
please let me know.

Rick Sears
risears@gmail.com