geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Santosh Koti" <Santosh_K...@infosys.com>
Subject RE: Can I simply drop a WAR/JAR/EAR into the deploy directory
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 05:39:36 GMT

This is not possible.!!

Thanks,
Santosh.

-----Original Message-----
From: Afkham Azeez [mailto:afkham@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 6:02 PM
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Can I simply drop a WAR/JAR/EAR into the deploy directory

Similarly, is it also possible to drop a Geronimo plan.xml file into
some directory and get things working, instead of deploying it using
the deployer tool? FYI, my geronimo plan.xml (say x-plan.xml) contains
Datasource configuration.

Thanks
Azeez

> You're right that applications that have been hot deployed can't be
> redeployed using the deployer tool.  But they can be redeployed by
> replacing the file in the deploy directory.  I think the moral of the
> story is to pick the deployment method that best matches your
> development and/or maintenance practices and stick to it :-)
>
> There's a bit of doc on hot deploy at:

http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/GERONIMO/Hot+depl
oyment

--