geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Mario Rübsam ...@coderesearch.com>
Subject Re: How to update to 1.1
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 10:16:40 GMT
Hi Markus,

the configuration changed from 1.0 to 1.1 the best way to convert
is to use the upgrade tool as described here:

http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC11/migrating-applications-from-geronimo-v10.html

Also the repository structure changed a bit. Look at the
new structure and change your existing common libraries structure.

-Mario

mahu2425 wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm just wondering how to update my Geronimo 1.0 installation to 1.1.
>
> Is there a way to update the "binaries" a keep the configuration as it is?
>
> I tried to unzip the the 1.1 release into the same directory as the 1.0 installation
and from the first view it seems that a few things like created derby database still exist
after upgrading, but others stuff I deployed like common libraries etc. are missing after
the upgrade.

> So what is the easiest ways to upgrade my installation? Do I have to redeploy all stuff
like security realms, database pool etc.?