geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "D. Strauss" <geron...@ds-2.de>
Subject Creating Webservices with 1.1
Date Sun, 18 Jun 2006 19:20:07 GMT
Hello, everyone,

thx to the new startup script Geronimo 1.1 has now no real problems
booting here on my server. My first task was to create a EJB jar that
contains a simple webservice.

And that brings me to the problem: Geronimo accepts my openejb-jar.xml
with the new dependency system without any problems. But on final deploy
I get a lot of exceptions telling me that there was a problem with my
webcontainer. A lot of stacktraces and errors where I have to give up :/

So, what do I have to know about creating webservices with Geronimo
using the new 1.1 release? Do I have to say Geronimo which webcontainer
I want to use? Any tutorial or documentation would be great ^^

Best regards

Dirk

Some more info that could be removed in future replies:

Retrieving document at 'META-INF/wsdl/myws.wsdl'.
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.LifecycleException: start of
GeronimoWsTest/WsEjb/1.0/jar failed
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:529)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:493)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager$$FastClassByCGLIB$$ce77a924.invoke(<generated>)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:122)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:817)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.EditableConfigurationManager$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$24d8c2a6.startConfiguration(<generated>)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.StartCommand.run(StartCommand.java:67)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException:
Unable to resolve reference "WebServiceContainer" in gbean GeronimoWsTest/
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.preprocessGBeanData(ConfigurationUtil.java:305)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:359)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.start(KernelConfigurationManager.java:187)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:512)
        ... 12 more
Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.kernel.GBeanNotFoundException: No matches
for referencePatterns: [?name=JettyWebContainer#]
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.Configuration.findGBeanData(Configuration.java:661)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.Configuration.findGBean(Configuration.java:632)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.Configuration.findGBean(Configuration.java:627)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.preprocessGBeanData(ConfigurationUtil.java:303)
        ... 15 more
16:57:31,539 INFO  [DirectoryMonitor] Hot deployer notified that an
artifact was removed: GeronimoWsTest/WsEjb/1.0/jar

Just another note: is or was cwiki.apache.org offline on saturday and
sunday? Or is my ISP blocking the access to it? I couldn't get any route
to it :/