geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Mario Rübsam ...@coderesearch.com>
Subject Re: EAR Classloader
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 10:14:43 GMT
I had a working EAR for 1.0 with this structure

app.ear/
         app.jar
         cpa.jar
         found.jar
         webclient.war

I referenced the jars from the webclient.war/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
Classpath: app.jar cpa.jar found.jar

When I deploy this EAR in G 1.1-rc1 I get ClassNotFoundExceptions.

When I put the JARs into the webclient.war/WEB-INF/lib everything
work fine. But this is not an option because I have some other
WARs to deploy in that EAR.

A general class loading and dependency resolution description for
EARs would be very helpful.

The next thing I found out is that the DB connector dependency
must be placed into the geronimo-application.xml when deploying
as an EAR. When deploying as an WAR the dependency is good in
geronimo-web.xml as stated in the docs or the console example.

Thanks,
Mario