geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Jay D. McHugh" <...@joyfulnoisewebdesign.com>
Subject Error with JDBC Connection pool on Geronimo 1.1
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2006 15:58:51 GMT
Hello,

I have been working on a project under WAS-CE for the past several
months and I am now trying to get it working under Geronimo 1.1.

I managed to get the deployment descriptors changed over so that I am
able to deploy my war file and I have changed the name that I used to
use for the connection pool (it was PaLM/plc - now just plc).

Here is the relevant section from my web.xml and geronimo-web.xml
describing the connection pool:
web.xml (snipped)
   <resource-ref id="ResRef_1">
      <res-ref-name>jdbc/MyDataSource</res-ref-name>
      <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
   </resource-ref>

geronimo-web.xml (complete)
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web/tomcat-1.1">
    <dep:environment
xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">
        <dep:moduleId>
            <dep:groupId>geronimo</dep:groupId>
            <dep:artifactId>PaLM</dep:artifactId>
            <dep:version>1.1</dep:version>
            <dep:type>war</dep:type>
        </dep:moduleId>
        <dep:dependencies>
            <dep:dependency>
                <dep:groupId>console.dbpool</dep:groupId>
                <dep:artifactId>plc</dep:artifactId>
            </dep:dependency>
        </dep:dependencies>
        <dep:hidden-classes/>
        <dep:non-overridable-classes/>
    </dep:environment>
    <context-root>/PaLM</context-root>
    <nam:resource-ref
xmlns:nam="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.1">
        <nam:ref-name>jdbc/MyDataSource</nam:ref-name>
        <nam:resource-link>plc</nam:resource-link>
    </nam:resource-ref>
</web-app>

And I can connect to the server and move around for a (very) short time
between the web pages.  But then I get the following error and I need to
restart Geronimo.

10:12:30,731 ERROR [[ProductCategory]] Servlet.service() for servlet
ProductCategory threw exception
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Timer already cancelled.
        at java.util.Timer.sched(Timer.java:312)
        at java.util.Timer.schedule(Timer.java:128)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.SinglePoolConnectionInterceptor.internalGetConnection(SinglePoolConnectionInterceptor.java:73)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.AbstractSinglePoolConnectionInterceptor.getConnection(AbstractSinglePoolConnectionInterceptor.java:73)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.TransactionEnlistingInterceptor.getConnection(TransactionEnlistingInterceptor.java:47)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.TransactionCachingInterceptor.getConnection(TransactionCachingInterceptor.java:86)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.ConnectionHandleInterceptor.getConnection(ConnectionHandleInterceptor.java:43)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.TCCLInterceptor.getConnection(TCCLInterceptor.java:39)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.ConnectionTrackingInterceptor.getConnection(ConnectionTrackingInterceptor.java:66)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.AbstractConnectionManager.associateConnection(AbstractConnectionManager.java:77)
        at
org.tranql.connector.jdbc.ConnectionHandle.getManagedConnection(ConnectionHandle.java:64)
        at
org.tranql.connector.jdbc.ConnectionHandle.createStatement(ConnectionHandle.java:199)
        at com.pubint.data.PlcData.doAction(PlcData.java:365)
        at
com.pubint.entities.ProductCategory.sendXML(ProductCategory.java:116)
        at
com.pubint.entities.ProductCategory.doProcess(ProductCategory.java:392)
        at
com.pubint.entities.ProductCategory.doGet(ProductCategory.java:400)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:595)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:688)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
        at com.pubint.login.LoginFilter.doFilter(LoginFilter.java:81)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.DefaultSubjectValve.invoke(DefaultSubjectValve.java:46)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.GeronimoStandardContext$SystemMethodValve.invoke(GeronimoStandardContext.java:342)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.GeronimoBeforeAfterValve.invoke(GeronimoBeforeAfterValve.java:31)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
        at
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:667)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

This was all working under 1.0.  Did I convert something incorrectly?
Did I miss something?  Or is this a bug with the connection pools (this
is a mySQL connection pool by the way - I can send the deployment plan
for it if needed).

Thank you in advance for any help,

Jay