geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Jay D. McHugh" <>
Subject Re: service?
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2006 20:58:24 GMT
Clough, Ray C PWR wrote:
> Is v1.1 going to be installable as a service?
> I installed v1.0 using the JavaServiceWrapper, as described on the
> Geronimo site, and mostly it works fine, but I have one web app which
> works with Geronimo started from the command line, but not with
> Geronimo started as a service.  The problem is obscure, but in essence
> the app needs to read some files from the LAN, and the
> running-as-a-service version can't find them.
> I'm hoping that Geronimo running as a service in its own right would
> have one less layer of 'stuff' between it and the OS, and so might be
> able to find the files.
> - Ray Clough

I think the problem you are having is unrelated to Geronimo.  I have
tried to start other programs as services but have sometimes been unable
to because drive mappings don't work very well (or maybe at all) when
creating services.

You can try adjusting the user that the services is being started up as,
but if you need something on a mapped drive - I don't think that which
user you start the service as will make a difference.  (I am assuming
that you are talking about a Windows service).

View raw message