geronimo-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Mario Ru"bsam ...@coderesearch.com>
Subject Re: Changing of RMI-Naming port default value
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 06:39:21 GMT
Nellya,

you have to set the new value 1199 also for the JMXService

<module name="geronimo/j2ee-security/1.1-20060607/car">
         <gbean name="JaasLoginServiceRemotingServer">
             <attribute name="host">0.0.0.0</attribute>
             <attribute name="port">4242</attribute>
         </gbean>
         <gbean name="JMXService">
             <attribute name="protocol">rmi</attribute>
             <attribute name="host">0.0.0.0</attribute>
             <attribute name="port">9999</attribute>
             <attribute 
name="urlPath">/jndi/rmi://0.0.0.0:1199/JMXConnector</attribute>
         </gbean>
</module>


-Mario


Udovichenko, Nellya wrote:
> Hello,
> 
>  
> 
> I'd like to change the default Geronimo RMI-Naming port 1099 to another 
> value.
> 
> When I try to replace it with, for example, 1199 in var/config.xml file:
> 
> ...
> 
> <module name="geronimo/rmi-naming/1.2-SNAPSHOT/car">
> 
>     <gbean name="RMIRegistry">
> 
>       <attribute name="port">1199</attribute>
> 
>     </gbean>
> 
>     <gbean name="NamingProperties">
> 
>       <attribute name="namingProviderUrl">rmi://0.0.0.0:1199</attribute>
> 
>     </gbean>
> 
>   </module>
> 
> ...
> 
> Geronimo doesn't startup and I get the error log below. How can I change 
> the port value?
> 
>  
> 
>  
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Nellya Udovichenko,
> 
> Intel Middleware Products Division
> 
>  
> 
> Error log:
> 
>  
> 
> $ java -jar bin/server.jar
> 
> Booting Geronimo Kernel (in Java 1.4.2_01)...
> 
> Starting Geronimo Application Server v1.1-20060607
> 
> [***>                    ] 15%   9s Starting 
> geronimo/j2ee-security...19:27:57,4
> 
> 48 WARN  [1-20060607/car,j2eeType=GBean,name=JMXService] Failure in 
> JMXConnector
> 
>  service:jmx:rmi://0.0.0.0:9999/jndi/rmi://0.0.0.0:1099/JMXConnector
> 
> 19:27:57,448 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting; GBean is 
> now in th
> 
> e FAILED state: 
> abstractName="geronimo/j2ee-security/1.1-20060607/car?ServiceMod
> 
> ule=geronimo/j2ee-security/1.1-20060607/car,j2eeType=GBean,name=JMXService"
> 
> java.io.IOException: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException [Root 
> exception is
> 
>  java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 0.0.0.0; nested 
> exceptio
> 
> n is:
> 
>         java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]
> 
>         at mx4j.remote.resolver.rmi.Resolver.bindServer(Resolver.java:199)
> 
>         at 
> javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectorServer.start(RMIConnectorServ
> 
> er.java:152)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.jmxremoting.JMXConnector.doStart(JMXConnector.jav
> 
> a:190)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.createInstance(GBeanI
> 
> nstance.java:981)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart
> 
> (GBeanInstanceState.java:267)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInsta
> 
> nceState.java:102)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.startRecursive(G
> 
> BeanInstanceState.java:124)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.startRecursive(GBeanI
> 
> nstance.java:540)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.startRecursiveGBean(Basi
> 
> cKernel.java:379)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfiguratio
> 
> nGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:374)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.start(Ke
> 
> rnelConfigurationManager.java:187)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startCon
> 
> figuration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:512)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startCon
> 
> figuration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:493)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager$$FastCla
> 
> ssByCGLIB$$ce77a924.invoke(<generated>)
> 
>         at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethod
> 
> Invoker.java:38)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperatio
> 
> n.java:122)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.
> 
> java:817)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:5
> 
> 7)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperat
> 
> ionInvoker.java:35)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(Pro
> 
> xyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.EditableConfigurationManager$$Enhan
> 
> cerByCGLIB$$ff5cf4ac.startConfiguration(<generated>)
> 
>         at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.doStartup(Daemon.java:297)
> 
>         at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.<init>(Daemon.java:74)
> 
>         at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.main(Daemon.java:377)
> 
> [***>                    ] 15%  10s Startup failed
> 
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.LifecycleException: start of 
> geronimo/j2ee-sec
> 
> urity/1.1-20060607/car failed
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startCon
> 
> figuration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:529)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startCon
> 
> figuration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:493)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager$$FastCla
> 
> ssByCGLIB$$ce77a924.invoke(<generated>)
> 
>         at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethod
> 
> Invoker.java:38)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperatio
> 
> n.java:122)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.
> 
> java:817)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:5
> 
> 7)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperat
> 
> ionInvoker.java:35)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(Pro
> 
> xyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.EditableConfigurationManager$$Enhan
> 
> cerByCGLIB$$ff5cf4ac.startConfiguration(<generated>)
> 
>         at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.doStartup(Daemon.java:297)
> 
>         at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.<init>(Daemon.java:74)
> 
>         at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.main(Daemon.java:377)
> 
> Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException: 
> Unknown sta
> 
> rt exception
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfiguratio
> 
> nGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:440)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.start(Ke
> 
> rnelConfigurationManager.java:187)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startCon
> 
> figuration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:512)
> 
>         ... 13 more
> 
> Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException: 
> Configuratio
> 
> n geronimo/j2ee-security/1.1-20060607/car failed to start due to the 
> following r
> 
> easons:
> 
>   The service 
> ServiceModule=geronimo/j2ee-security/1.1-20060607/car,j2eeType=GBe
> 
> an,name=JMXService did not start because the doStart method threw an 
> exception.
> 
>  
> 
> java.io.IOException: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException [Root 
> exception is
> 
>  java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 0.0.0.0; nested 
> exceptio
> 
> n is:
> 
>         java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]
> 
>         at mx4j.remote.resolver.rmi.Resolver.bindServer(Resolver.java:199)
> 
>         at 
> javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectorServer.start(RMIConnectorServ
> 
> er.java:152)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.jmxremoting.JMXConnector.doStart(JMXConnector.jav
> 
> a:190)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.createInstance(GBeanI
> 
> nstance.java:981)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart
> 
> (GBeanInstanceState.java:267)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInsta
> 
> nceState.java:102)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.startRecursive(G
> 
> BeanInstanceState.java:124)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.startRecursive(GBeanI
> 
> nstance.java:540)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.startRecursiveGBean(Basi
> 
> cKernel.java:379)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfiguratio
> 
> nGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:374)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.start(Ke
> 
> rnelConfigurationManager.java:187)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startCon
> 
> figuration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:512)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startCon
> 
> figuration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:493)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager$$FastCla
> 
> ssByCGLIB$$ce77a924.invoke(<generated>)
> 
>         at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethod
> 
> Invoker.java:38)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperatio
> 
> n.java:122)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.
> 
> java:817)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:5
> 
> 7)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperat
> 
> ionInvoker.java:35)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(Pro
> 
> xyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.EditableConfigurationManager$$Enhan
> 
> cerByCGLIB$$ff5cf4ac.startConfiguration(<generated>)
> 
>         at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.doStartup(Daemon.java:297)
> 
>         at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.<init>(Daemon.java:74)
> 
>         at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.main(Daemon.java:377)
> 
>  
> 
>  
> 
>         at 
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfiguratio
> 
> nGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:403)
> 
>         ... 15 more
> 
> Server shutdown begun               Startup failed
> 
> Server shutdown completed
> 
>  
> 
>  
> 

Mime
View raw message