geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject 1.1 Candidate releases available
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2006 08:14:17 GMT
Geronimo Users and Developers,

We've been busy little beavers this evening and would like to share the fruits of our labor.

First, may we present the candidate build of Geronimo in Octographic quality.  We have big
builds,
little builds, some for Windows and others for Unix and of course the ever enjoyable Tomcat
and
Jetty versions.  Please take some time to take these builds and verify that they meet your
exacting
standards for a Geronimo Release.  As we like to say, "Big G, Little G and things that rhyme
with G."

*Jetty*
http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/20060607/geronimo-jetty-j2ee-1.1-20060607.tar.gz
http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/20060607/geronimo-jetty-j2ee-1.1-20060607.zip
http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/20060607/geronimo-jetty-minimal-1.1-20060607.tar.gz
http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/20060607/geronimo-jetty-minimal-1.1-20060607.zip

*Tomcat*
http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/20060607/geronimo-tomcat-j2ee-1.1-20060607.tar.gz
http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/20060607/geronimo-tomcat-j2ee-1.1-20060607.zip
http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/20060607/geronimo-tomcat-minimal-1.1-20060607.tar.gz
http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/20060607/geronimo-tomcat-minimal-1.1-20060607.zip

Remaining items.

1. We need the ActiveMQ 3.2.4 to be released.
2. Finalize release notes (Hernan...can you pick this one up?  A set for today would be good)
3. Move the remainging JIRAs out of 1.1.  (Aaron, Dain, anyone ?)
4. Fix OpenEJB Source.  I versioned and released it but I haven't fixed the SVN repo yet.
 I'll do
this in the morning unless someone beats me to it.
5. A vote.  I'm note sure if this can qualify for a vote since there is a SNAPSHOT in the
release.
It won't change but need to note that.  Thoughts?

To complete an official release I need to finalize the project version and rebuild once again.

Its late and I'm probably missing something so if there are barriers to completing the final
release
please let me know ASAP.

I expect we'll start a 1.1.1 straightaway but let's get this 1.1 out and going.

Thanks in advance for taking time to review this release of AG 1.1.

The Geronimo Development Team