geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.openejb.proxy.ProxyInfo
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 16:03:46 GMT

On Jun 14, 2006, at 8:44 AM, Rick Sears wrote:

> I'm having a similar problem with an application that I am porting
> from Geronimo 1.0 to the 1.1-rc1 snapshot.  There are references
> (tried both ejb-ref remote references and ejb-local-ref local
> references) in my webapp that refer to EJBs deployed in another ear
> within Geronimo.  This worked perfectly fine in Geronimo 1.0, but is
> now not working at all in Geronimo 1.1-rc1 with the same
> ClassCastException referred in the previous message.  Please let me
> know if there is some other way to allow classes in my webapp to refer
> to a locally deployed EJB that exists in another ear within Geronimo.
> If there is no workaround, then I am anxiously awaiting a resolution
> to this issue in Geronimo 1.1.

The only workaround I currently think might work is to _not_ have the
webapp have a dependency on the ear (or ejb app for Ted's case) and
to deploy the web app first.  This will avoid the logic that has the
CCE.  You also have to specify the components of the ejb target name
rather than using an ejb-link in the geronimo plan.

Please let us know if this works.

thanks
david jencks