geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Ted Kirby" <ted.ki...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.openejb.proxy.ProxyInfo
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 01:21:10 GMT
I think this is a geronimo problem.
ProxyInfo is in openejb-core.jar, which is in the classpath of both openejb
& openejb-deployer configs.

I define an ejb in an MDBDemo config (see attached openejb-jar.xml).
Through deployment, the openejb-deployer classloader is used for ProxyInfo.
The config is then stopped and serialized.
When it is subsequently started (all as part of my deploy from the command
line),
the openejb classloader is used for ProxyInfo.

Next, I deploy an MDBDemoWar config (see attached geronimo-web.xml) from the
command-line deployer.  I get the traceback below.
The ProxyInfo from gbeanData.getAttribute("proxyInfo") is from the openejb
class loader,
whereas the ProxyInfo from OpenEJBReferenceBuilder is from the
openejb-deployer class loader.
Hence, the ClassCastException.

I put some tracing in, including printing out the classloader info to make
these determinations.

It seems that, based on this, a restriction is that you can't refer to an
ejb in another configuration?