geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Clough, Ray C PWR" <Ray.Clo...@pwr.utc.com>
Subject RE: deployment descriptor
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 21:04:09 GMT
That is indeed the problem.  Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul McMahan [mailto:paulmcmahan@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, June 09, 2006 1:59 PM
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: deployment descriptor

Hi Ray, this problem looks like its caused by whitespace in your
context-root.
See http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-1683

Best wishes,
Paul

On 6/9/06, Clough, Ray C             PWR <Ray.Clough@pwr.utc.com> wrote:

> I've got a very simple web, which deploys fine to Geronimo, as long as

> I don't include the following geronimo-web.xml descriptor.  When I do,

> it blows up.  I'd like to include it so that I don't get the warning
message.
> What is wrong here?
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> <web-app
> xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.0"
>
> xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.0"
>
> xmlns:naming="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.0"
>
> xmlns:security="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-1.1"
>                 configId="RDCS_Metrics" >
>
>         <!-- WAR file: WEB-INF/geronimo-web.xml -->
>
>         <context-root> /RDCS_Metrics </context-root>
>         <!-- The 'context-priority-classloader' element is used to
enforce
>                 strict J2EE classloader policy.  If set to 'true',
then the
>                 classloader is strict, meaning that the application
> classloader is
>                 the first classloader searched for a class.  If
> 'false', then the
>                 server's classloader is searched first.  Using 'false'
> allows more
>                 lax inclusion of classes in the classpath, typically
> jar files in
>                 the 'lib' directory. Default is 'false'. -->
>         <context-priority-classloader> false
> </context-priority-classloader>
>
> </web-app>
>

> Here's the exception trace:
>

> java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> C:\JavaSystem\Apache\Geronimo\geronimo-1.0\var\catalina\work\
> _RDCS_Metrics \tldCache.ser (The system cannot find the path
> specified)
>
>         at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
>         at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:179)
>         at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:131)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.TldConfig.execute(TldConfig.java:315)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.processTlds(StandardContext.jav
a:4193)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4049
)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.GeronimoStandardContext.access$101(GeronimoSt
andardContext.java:64)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.GeronimoStandardContext$SystemMethodValve.i
> nvoke(GeronimoStandardContext.java:267)
>
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.TransactionContextValve.invoke(Transact
ionContextValve.java:53)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.ComponentContextValve.invoke(ComponentC
ontextValve.java:47)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.InstanceContextValve.invoke(InstanceCon
textValve.java:60)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.GeronimoStandardContext.start(GeronimoStandar
dContext.java:187)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.ja
va:759)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:739)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:524)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer.addContext(TomcatContainer.ja
va:287)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer$$FastClassByCGLIB$$9370b073.i
nvoke(<generated>)
>         at
> net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInv
oker.java:38)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.j
ava:118)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.jav
a:800)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperation
Invoker.java:36)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyM
ethodInterceptor.java:96)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$63e9fae6.ad
dContext(<generated>)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatWebAppContext.doStart(TomcatWebAppConte
xt.java:407)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.createInstance(GBeanInst
ance.java:936)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart(GB
eanInstanceState.java:325)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInstance
State.java:110)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.startRecursive(GBea
nInstanceState.java:132)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.startRecursive(GBeanInst
ance.java:537)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.startRecursiveGBean(BasicKe
rnel.java:208)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.Configuration.startRecursiveGBeans(Con
figuration.java:315)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.Configuration$$FastClassByCGLIB$$7f4b4
a9b.invoke(<generated>)
>         at
> net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInv
oker.java:38)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.j
ava:118)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.jav
a:835)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:178
)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:173
)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationManagerImpl.start(Configu
rationManagerImpl.java:142)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationManagerImpl$$FastClassByC
GLIB$$fbed85d2.invoke(<generated>)
>         at
> net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInv
oker.java:38)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.j
ava:118)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.jav
a:800)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperation
Invoker.java:36)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyM
ethodInterceptor.java:96)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationManager$$EnhancerByCGLIB$
$e8f7ee3.start(<generated>)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.console.configmanager.DeploymentPortlet.processActio
n(DeploymentPortlet.java:126)
>         at
> org.apache.pluto.core.PortletServlet.dispatch(PortletServlet.java:229)
>         at
> org.apache.pluto.core.PortletServlet.doPost(PortletServlet.java:163)
>         at
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:615)
>         at
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:688)
>         at
> org.apache.pluto.core.PortletServlet.service(PortletServlet.java:153)
>         at

tionFilterChain.java:252)
>         at

erChain.java:173)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatc
her.java:672)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(ApplicationDisp
atcher.java:574)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(ApplicationDispat
cher.java:499)
>         at

org.apache.pluto.invoker.impl.PortletInvokerImpl.invoke(PortletInvokerIm
pl.java:120)
>         at

org.apache.pluto.invoker.impl.PortletInvokerImpl.action(PortletInvokerIm
pl.java:68)
>         at

org.apache.pluto.PortletContainerImpl.processPortletAction(PortletContai
nerImpl.java:164)
>         at
> org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.core.PortletContainerWrapperImpl.processPo
> rtletAction(PortletContainerWrapperImpl.java:82)
>
>         at
> org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.Servlet.doGet(Servlet.java:227)
>         at
> org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.Servlet.doPost(Servlet.java:267)
>         at
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:615)
>         at
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:688)
>         at

tionFilterChain.java:252)
>         at

erChain.java:173)
>         at

e.java:213)
>         at

e.java:178)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(Authenticator
Base.java:482)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.GeronimoStandardContext$SystemMethodValve.i
> nvoke(GeronimoStandardContext.java:272)
>
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.DefaultSubjectValve.invoke(DefaultSubje
ctValve.java:46)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.PolicyContextValve.invoke(PolicyContext
Valve.java:50)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.TransactionContextValve.invoke(Transact
ionContextValve.java:53)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.ComponentContextValve.invoke(ComponentC
ontextValve.java:47)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.InstanceContextValve.invoke(InstanceCon
textValve.java:60)
>         at

:126)
>         at

:105)
>         at

java:107)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:526
)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:1
48)
>         at

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:85
6)
>         at

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processC
onnection(Http11Protocol.java:744)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint
.java:527)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollow
erWorkerThread.java:80)
>         at

.java:684)