geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Paul McMahan" <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to update to 1.1
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 14:07:48 GMT
Markus,  Geronimo's directory layout changed substantially in 1.1.
Your technique for upgrading might produce a running server (maybe)
but I'm sure that your 1.0 applications won't be "seen" by the 1.1
server because the deployed artifacts that were in the config-store
directory in 1.0 are now located into the repository directory.  Your
best bet is probably just to install a fresh copy of Geronimo and use
the upgrader tool to migrate your plans before reinstalling your
applications.  Alternatively, if you use an external plan (not
embedded in your application) then you can use the console to deploy
your application and it will provide an upgraded plan that you can
save locally, edit if necessary, and then use for deployment.  For
simple applications this requires just a few additional steps.

Best wishes,
Paul

On Thu Jun 29 16:12:10 GMT+00:00 2006, mahu2425 <mahu2425@lycos.de> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm just wondering how to update my Geronimo 1.0 installation to 1.1.
>
> Is there a way to update the "binaries" a keep the configuration as it is?
>
> I tried to unzip the the 1.1 release into the same directory as the 1.0 installation
and from the first view it seems that a few things like created derby database still exist
after upgrading, but others stuff I deployed like common libraries etc. are missing after
the upgrade.

> So what is the easiest ways to upgrade my installation? Do I have to redeploy all stuff
like security realms, database pool etc.?

> Greets,
>
> Markus
>
> Schnell und einfach ohne Anschlusswechsel zur Lycos DSL Flatrate wechseln und 3 Monate
kostenlos ab effektiven 5,21 EUR pro Monat im ersten Jahr surfen.