geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Paul McMahan" <>
Subject Re: Writing an article and having nothing but trouble...
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2006 13:49:31 GMT
On 6/29/06, Bryan Noll <> wrote:
>  Also, throw in a '-o' (offline), then simply cd into the module that fails
> (assuming it failed because of a dependency download problem), build it on
> its own with the '-o', then try to rebuild the whole thing without the '-o'.

I wonder if you might actually mean something along the lines of:
build from the top with the -o (offline) option.  When a module fails
to compile because of a dependency problem, cd to that module
directory and build it online (omitting the -o).  Repeat this step as
many times as necessary until it succeeds.  Then build from the top
again using the -o option.

This technique works best for me when I've had at least one successful
build (meaning most of the dependencies have already been downloaded)
and maven is having difficulty downloading a new or changed dependency
for a specific module.

Best wishes,

View raw message