geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Paul McMahan" <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: minor issues with 1.1 rc1 server console
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2006 22:29:10 GMT
Thanks for brining this up. The problem results from the access logs
being disabled in the tomcat assembly.  To reenable the access logs
delete the following section in its entirety from
var/config/config.xml. (Contrary to the inline comment, toggling
"false" to "true" does not reenable the logs but it does avoid the
exception in the console)

        <gbean name="TomcatEngine">
            <reference name="TomcatValveChain" />
        </gbean>
        <!-- To enable accesslogging change the load="false" below to
load="true" -->
        <gbean name="FirstValve" load="false"></gbean>

The access logs are not disabled in the jetty assembly and I'm not
sure if that was an oversight -- I'll send a followup note to the dev
list.

Best wishes,
Paul