geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Creating Webservices with 1.1
Date Sun, 18 Jun 2006 20:26:15 GMT
I think this is somewhere between a bug and a known
problem that I forgot to document.

I think you have to include a dependency on the web
container  car in the environment.dependencies section
of your plan, something like this:

           <dependency>
                <groupId>geronimo</groupId>
                <artifactId>jetty</artifactId>
                <version>1.1</version>
                <type>car</type>
           </dependency>

A bug report saying if this fixed the problem would be
helpful.

thanks
david  jencks

--- "D. Strauss" <geronimo@ds-2.de> wrote:

> Hello, everyone,
>
> thx to the new startup script Geronimo 1.1 has now
> no real problems
> booting here on my server. My first task was to
> create a EJB jar that
> contains a simple webservice.
>
> And that brings me to the problem: Geronimo accepts
> my openejb-jar.xml
> with the new dependency system without any problems.
> But on final deploy
> I get a lot of exceptions telling me that there was
> a problem with my
> webcontainer. A lot of stacktraces and errors where
> I have to give up :/
>
> So, what do I have to know about creating
> webservices with Geronimo
> using the new 1.1 release? Do I have to say Geronimo
> which webcontainer
> I want to use? Any tutorial or documentation would
> be great ^^
>
> Best regards
>
> Dirk
>

> Some more info that could be removed in future
> replies:
>
> Retrieving document at 'META-INF/wsdl/myws.wsdl'.

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.LifecycleException:
> start of
> GeronimoWsTest/WsEjb/1.0/jar failed
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:529)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:493)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager$$FastClassByCGLIB$$ce77a924.invoke(<generated>)
>         at

net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:122)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:817)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.EditableConfigurationManager$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$24d8c2a6.startConfiguration(<generated>)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.StartCommand.run(StartCommand.java:67)
> Caused by:

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException:
> Unable to resolve reference "WebServiceContainer" in
> gbean GeronimoWsTest/
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.preprocessGBeanData(ConfigurationUtil.java:305)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:359)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.start(KernelConfigurationManager.java:187)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:512)
>         ... 12 more
> Caused by:
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.GBeanNotFoundException:
> No matches
> for referencePatterns: [?name=JettyWebContainer#]
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.Configuration.findGBeanData(Configuration.java:661)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.Configuration.findGBean(Configuration.java:632)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.Configuration.findGBean(Configuration.java:627)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.preprocessGBeanData(ConfigurationUtil.java:303)