geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Chris Wilkes <cwilkes-...@ladro.com>
Subject Can an event be triggered by deployment?
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2006 19:29:46 GMT
A 3rd party library in our webapp requires a license file -- the only
way I've been able to have the webapp read it is to put it into the
WEB-INF/classes directory.

Unfortunately this license file is per server, meaning that I would have
to make a war file for every server that we deploy to.  This could
easily lead to a problem where the war for ServerA is used in ServerB.

Is it possible to have an event triggered on deployment so that
geronimo could copy a known file to the just deployed webapp's
WEB-INF/classes directory?  I realize this is a very weird case and I'll
probably end up writing something in my app that copies the file itself.

If I have my app copy the file itself is there a way to make sure this
is the first thing done when the webapp starts?  I'm not aware of a way
to do this in Tomcat.

Is there a way to tell geronimo that a non-jar should be included in the
classpath?  If so I could tell geronimo to include that license file and
the 3rd party app should see it.

Chris