geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "mahu2425" <mahu2...@lycos.de>
Subject Entity bean can not remove itself
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Hi there, I have an entity bean (CMP) that uses the TimerService and includes the TimedObject
interface. When the callback function ejbTimeout(Timer timer) on the entity bean is executed,
the bean should remove itself. My code looks like: public void ejbTimeout(Timer timer) { ejbRemove();
} I inserted a few debug statements and I'm sure that ejbTimeout() is executed. Unfortunally
the bean will not be removed. Has anybody an idea what's going wrong or if this might be a
bug? I also tried to remove the bean using the remove() method from the remote interface as
well as removing it using the remove() method from the home interface. In both cases an exception
will be thrown (transaction rolled back, could not remove timer) and the server will be completly
crash (GBean DESTROYED message) and will no longer successfully startup. So, calling remove()
seems to be a bad idea, but ejbRemove() doesn't work (the Sun J2EE tutorial says ejbRemove()
should work). What can I do to let the en
 tity bean remove itself? Greets, Markus

Schnell und einfach ohne Anschlusswechsel zur Lycos DSL Flatrate wechseln und 3 Monate kostenlos
ab effektiven 5,21 EUR pro Monat im ersten Jahr surfen.
http://www.lycos.de/startseite/online/dsl/index.html?prod=DSL&trackingID=email_footertxt