geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Dynamically creating datasources
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 15:55:27 GMT

On Jun 27, 2006, at 3:05 AM, paul.newport@targetgroup.net wrote:

> "That would be app server independent, but it would also preclude
> any container managed transaction features such as use of
> UserTransaction or CMT ejbs.  If you don't need any features like
> these this might well be your simplest solution."
>
> I neglected to point out that I am using Spring's AOP techniques to
> wrap my services in transactions anyway, so I have transactional
> support without the need for containers or EJBs. I know this is
> possibly sidestepping the issue, but that is exactly what I wanted
> to do ;-)

I'm not really familiar with dbcp, but my impression is that it is
not jta-aware.  I'm also not that familiar with spring tx management
but again I think that without a jta-aware pooling implementation
hooked up to a jta (or jts) tm no container managed transactions will
work.  In other words, I greatly doubt that what you are doing will
work.  I'm happy to be proved wrong.

thanks
david jencks